Sneakernstuff currently have stores in 6 countries including London, Berlin, Paris, New York and Los Angeles in addition to Stockholm, and plans to open in Tokyo in the fall of 2019. Sneakersnstuff is looking for a store manager of new store opening in Tokyo now. This position is full-time and will work under the Director of International Operations based in Stockholm.
As a store manager, your responsibility is to work on a daily basis with the goal of increasing store sales. In addition, store staff assignment and schedule management, guidance and coaching are also the store manager’s duties. The store manager is responsible for maintaining the optimal condition, including the correct display of products. Apart from the shop floor, management of inventory is also entrusted. In addition, the store manager is also in a position to support promotion events and local activation with the marketing department. Involvement with the Buyer Department and knowing the status of product flow and product transportation is also part of the business.
- Driving sales in the store through setting up clear business goals, selling actively by yourself, and coaching the team in sales and excellent customer service.
- Plan and manage the daily operations of the store such as staff scheduling, team communication, shipping and deliveries, manage stock inventories, overall maintenance of the store, bills and invoicing etc.
- Ensure the store is properly staffed by recruiting, train, inspire and develop the store staff to excellent performance.
- Make sure product merchandizing and concepts are up to date and in live with company standards and local trends.
- Ensure that the visual in the store is in line with SNS standards.
- Follow up and analyze sales figures and KPIs, plan and take actions based on the results to ensure sales are optimized.
Skills and requirements)
- At least 3 years of experience with a similar position.
- Fluency in both English and Japanese.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of sales techniques and customer service.
- Strong Management and people development skills, as well as excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent knowledge of products and trends within the sneaker community.
- Knowledge of local labor and social laws, accounting and business management.
- Experience of strategic work as the local commercial strategy will be managed by the Store Manager.
We believe that you are working as a store manager today and have done so a few years. You are a proactive manager that takes responsibility and can work both independently, as well as collaborating well with different teams and personalities. You are an open minded, structured team player that likes change. You have the capacity to see both the big picture as well as paying attention to detail you are not afraid to take quick decisions to optimize the business. That you enjoy meeting the customer and is a great salesperson is obvious.
Flexibility and availability during certain holiday periods are key to retail operations. The position will also mean travelling from time to time as you might need to attend meetings or training in overseas.
If you think you can represent Sneakersnstuff in Tokyo, manage a team of ambitious sneaker and fashion enthusiast, and drive our business on the Tokyo market? Don’t hesitate to apply.
- Salary Offer Negotiable $ Negotiable Month
- Total Years Experience 0-5