Postal Code:SW1Y 4DG
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Merchandiser to join the team at Dover Street Market London. This role will focus on all areas across the Dover Street Market portfolio of brands. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial skills and product knowledge, be highly analytical along with exceptional leadership skills. The role requires working within a high pressure and superfast-paced physical and online retail environment and is suited to a self-driven and entrepreneurial individual, with proven experience with the Luxury and Streetwear Retail industry.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing analytical insight and weekly / seasonal KPIs in order to facilitate optimum trade.
- Work closely with Head of Merchandising to plan and manage seasonal OTB.
- Attend buy reviews and trade meetings, providing analytical and product knowledge where required – a strong and vocal approach to team meetings is essential.
- Run and distribute weekly reports – this candidate is required to manage and be comfortable with large amounts of data.
- Manage a significant core and continuity business, proposing re-order quantities and managing stock effectively.
- Working closely with Store and Digital teams to successfully oversee and execute multi-channel product launches.
- To work collaboratively and assist the greater team in any way necessary.
- Sale planning and markdown management.
- Ensure all trade opportunities are fully maximised – this role requires an entrepreneurial thinker capable of reacting quickly to all possibilities.
- Capable deputy to Head of Merchandising – able to provide leadership and direction to the merchandising and buying team, as well as guidance to both store and E-shop teams.
- To keep a close eye on wider retail landscape ensuring Dover Street Market is ahead of the curve and engaging routinely with emerging opportunities.
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure payments are timely and any issues are resolved.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Good commercial knowledge and extremely product focused.
- Outstanding strategic and analytical skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with cross-functional team.
- Good leadership skills along with prior experience of managing a team.
- Must be able to use Excel to an exceptional standard (e.g. Pivots, formulas, formatting).
- Experience with Retail Pro is beneficial.
- Experience and knowledge of Far Fetch Storm platform would also be advantageous.
- Strong numerically – comfortable with simple and advanced calculations.
- Confident with delivering and presenting information effectively to large groups.
- Driven and entrepreneurial; prepared to do whatever it takes to drive the best possible results.
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable with a flexible can-do approach.
- Willingness to work hard to drive the business forward.
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture.
- Able to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address: 18-22 Haymarket, West End, London