HYPEBEAST was launched in 2005 as a one-stop news source for internet-savvy fashion enthusiasts, continuing to inform and inspire trendsetters around the world. The growth of HYPEBEAST has seen its focus transcend from its initial roots to encompass all forms of fashion, arts, design and culture.
HYPEBEAST is looking for a knowledgeable and capable Senior Editor. The online editorial nature of HYPEBEAST requires applicants who can operate swiftly within our space, as well as understand and dictate movements within culture and social media. The Senior Editor will serve as an integral part of our growing Editorial team and help further the growth, reach and cultural impact of HYPEBEAST.
- Oversee the publishing of daily content and news.
- Coordinate with brands and personalities for content (i.e. reaching out).
- Oversee the creation questions to interviews.
- Manage an editorial calendar.
- Coordinate with our Brand Partnership Team.
- Creation of longer form editorial pieces.
- Conduct interviews.
- Editorial planning and scheduling.
- Coordinate projects with the Brand Partnership team.
- Ensure editorial direction is on-brand.
- Art direction for features.
- Introduce and executing editorial concepts.
- Approve longer form content.
- Intra-department organization for editorial.
- Pitch and conceptualize Brand Partnership concepts.
- Lead and execute Brand Partnership concepts.
- Strategize growth.
- Review job applications.
- Interview potential employees.
- Correspondence with Managing Editor.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of HYPEBEAST content at a local and international level.
- 5+ years of editorial and writing experience.
- Experience in managing teams of 3+.
- Up-to-date with new camera equipment, techniques and technology.
- Proficiency in digital media software tools (Photoshop, Lightroom etc.).
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be familiar with social media tools (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Google+).
- Creative, independent, detail-oriented.
- A team-player able to work independently and multi-task under tight schedules and deadlines.
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Total Years Experience 0-5