An integral part of the Buying and Merchandising team, you will lead the Concession Business within Dover Street Market to drive trade and animate each of the concession spaces. You will be responsible for providing market expertise, establishing budgets, providing data analysis, forecasting and planning with ultimate responsibility for delivering seasonal and annual targets.
You will be hardworking and entrepreneurially spirited with exceptional organisation and communication skills that will help you to develop cross functional collaboration with the other departments within DSM and to build exceptional relationships with all the concessions brands.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full accountability for the concession businesses.
- Monitor the performance of measurable targets on a weekly basis. Liaising with store personnel to optimise the performance of brands.
- Work closely with Merchandising to formulate seasonal trade targets.
- Agreeing and communicating seasonal trade targets with brands.
- Meeting regularly throughout season to discuss trade and how to drive further.
- Negotiation of terms including commission, staff members, exclusivity and special product.
- Stock integrity and reconciliation at end of the season.
- Oversee commission reporting, ensuring sent to brands within deadline.
- Direct input into the product selection within each brand, ensuring assortment remains commercial and consistent.
- Building and maintaining close relationships with the brands by providing sales information plus qualitative feedback from store.
- Present for all brand visits to DSML and installs.
- Ensuring that all orders are placed on time with suppliers, order confirmations are received and purchase orders are placed on the system.
- Working closely with Finance team to ensure payments are timely and any issues are resolved.
- Attend and contribute to weekly trade meetings to asses and track seasonal sales against budget providing appropriate actions.
- Working with our Digital team on promoting new items and special products.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- A highly motivated and competent individual able to converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A total self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organised. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Structured and organised, but nonetheless approachable and flexible outlook.
- Willingness to work hard to drive the business forward.
- Able to work and understand both detailed work and the broader picture.
- Able to work to deadlines / ability to prioritise / optimal time management.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Good commercial knowledge and extremely product focused.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills to grow a business.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with cross-functional team.
- Previous experience gained within a luxury fashion business is highly desirable but not essential.
- Must be able to use Excel to a good standard (eg. Pivots, formulas, formatting).
- Experience with Retail Pro is beneficial.
- Strong numerically – comfortable with simple calculations (eg. Margin, variances, percentages etc).
- Confident with delivering information effectively to large groups.
- Salary Offer Negotiable
- Total Years Experience 0-5